May 22, 2008

Hell on Wheels

In an effort to defeat the rising price of gasoline, Archie has decided to outfit himself with a Ninja 250R. Am I scared that he'll get hurt? YES! Am I worried that he'll not like it? YEA! Did he ask me if it was OK to get the bike? YES! Did we debate the pros and cons? Uh-huh! Will I ride the thing? NOPE! Am I worried that he might eat a little pavement? SURE! What scares me the most is the ticket that he might bring home when that bike hits the highway next month! I have a lot of faith that he will be safe; that he will conduct himself like the respectable father of 4 that he is and I think that in the end, we'll get our money's worth out of the bike.

We paid a holding fee so that the next puke green Ninja 250R that comes in is ours. I get calls several times a day; "Did they call yet?" NO! You'd think he was a 5 year-old kid waiting for the next awesome video game to come out. "Did they call yet?" NO!

Why green? And not just any green; we're talking blindingly bright, neon green. His response, mumbled through the side of his mouth as he drools over the picture: "So I can be seen better." Well, that'll do it! "Did they call yet?" NO!

So here it is; a pre-emptive view of the snot green motorcycle that will be ours, when they call.



And honey, if you're reading this...NO...



They did not call, YET!

4 comments:

Archie said...

Hey Honey, have they called??

Archie said...

She forgot to mention that it gets 75 - 80 MPG.....

justdawn said...

ROFL...have the called, YET???

jessstephkylesmom said...

LOL! My hubby got the red one!