Jan 2, 2009

New Year, New MeMe


1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Lost massive amounts of fat, fat, fat.


2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I usually don't make resolutions. I set goals throughout the year though.


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Umm...yeah...duh...ME! :)


4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thankfully.


5. What countries did you visit?
None


6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More time to exercise.


7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 29th when my only baby girl turned 1! February 23rd; the day that sweet Tuck decided to be my ONLY baby to come into the world of his own accord. February 25th when they were going to bring Tuck into the world by force. And of course, the election.


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Besides birthing a baby? Losing 80 lbs.


9. What was your biggest failure?
Failure to breastfeed yet again!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Thankfully, no.


11. What was the best thing you bought?
New clothes...smaller sizes.


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Archie, for once again being my best guy.


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Most of the politicians.


14. Where did most of your money go?
Medical bills.


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Tucker's birth!


16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
All Summer Long


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
happier...
b) thinner or fatter?
thinner...
c) richer or poorer?
poorer...


18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercised...vacationed!


19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
eating


20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home and then at my mom's


21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I fell in love with our newest, sweet baby boy


22. What was your favorite TV program?
SURVIVOR


23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No


24. What was the best book you read?
Twilight...hands down!


25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Corinne Bailey Ray


26. What did you want and get?
An unmedicated birth; a child that made their way into the world without being induced and a 10 year anniversary diamond ring!!


27. What did you want and not get?
New jammies.


28. What was your favorite film of this year?
At the sake of repeating myself...Twilight!


29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
32...celebrated with my family!


30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Fewer bills and a bigger house!


31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Nonexistent.


32. What kept you sane?
My family


33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Barack Obama


34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I guess the election period...groundbreaking with either outcome.


35. Who did you miss?
My Dad


36. Who was the best new person you met?
I love all my new friends equally!


37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
The happiest people don't have the most money...they have the most love!


38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

It was a beautiful day
Don't let it get away
Beautiful day
~U2

5 comments:

T- said...

Wonderful!

McCryssy said...

Great survey. I LOVE Corrine Baiely Rae too. "Like a Star" is one of my fave songs. Reminds me so much of my sweet girl.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

80 pounds is a *lot*. I have to say, I'm glad you ate the food you did. Wouldn't want you to disappear too fast!!

I know you're probably not going to post inches lost, but did you measure them? See what your waist size was before, etc.?

:]

PS at 32 you are a baby. Waah.

zoinatt said...

Awesome on achievements.

Major Bedhead said...

80 POUNDS??? Go, you. That is fantastic.

And don't beat yourself up on the b/fing thing. Not everyone can do it. You're feeding your kid, no matter how you do it. That's all that matters.