Apr 1, 2009

Grumble ... Grumble ...


1. Is it pull-out in front of Lisa day? Do I have a sign on the front of my car that says, "Please pull out in front of me ... I love to endanger my children?" Arrrgh!

2. Silas has been tardy twice this year ... a record for me. We get a letter sent home yesterday that states if he is tardy again that he will have detention after school. Ummm ... why? It's my fault that he's tardy. It's not like he can take the keys and jet out. I have to get 4 kids fed and ready in the morning and go to 2 different schools; not even factoring in traffic or people pulling out in front of me. When he has been late, it's only by a few spare minutes. Arrrgh!

3. Why does DELL give you a shipping date on an order that they know they will never keep? My new laptop has been delayed delivery 2 stinking times.

4. How do you say No? That gene must have swam up river and straight on out of my pool. Due to the fact that I can't say no, I've had a buttload of stuff to do these past few weeks.
*Organize picture sessions for church families.
*Take and find church related pictures.
*Design the church pictorial directory.
*Put said directory in the mail (not finished yet).
*Make 100 invitations and response cards for a wedding.
*Sew a goody for a sewing swap.
*Get out 70 1st quarter financial statements for church families.
All while cleaning, ironing, mopping, laundrying, cooking, soccering, boy scouting, parenting, etc, etc ... you get the idea. If you see that no gene swimming around, send it my way please!

And tell the non-driving folks around town to stay off my personal road space!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the heck was that?! Why so grumpy today Lisa???

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Grr and if he doesn't show for detention, they do what? :[

T- said...

Time to learn to say no, woman!

Heather said...

next time you find yourself wanting to say no but can't, tell them to call me for your answer!I don't mind saying no at all lol!

Repeat after me: no no no no no no

snarflemarfle said...

You're making me tired...

As for saying no, if it makes you uncomfortable saying NO right away, say that you will need a day or two to think about how you will fit in the activity...then say No, because you wouldn't be able to do your spectacular job doing it due to everything else you have on your plate! It's really simple. I say it all the time...

Lynn said...

that's silly that they're giving him detention. Call them and tell them you're the reason why. Maybe they'll give you the detention! ha! and the dell thing... it's because they suck! They delayed my shipping twice too! Grr.

heidi said...

If they give him detention, show up with all 4 kids and sit with him. Tell them you're the reason why so you thought that you should suffer the punishment with him. That'll learn 'em.

Rob says when people pull out in front of you, you are honor and duty bound to pull up real close like to their bumber and tailgate.

Mindy said...

oh, poor you on the church directory....that IS a nightmare.
.....say no - it's ok!

Stephanie said...

wow girl. you need to say 'yes' to a big ol glass of wine. ;)

oh and i hate the tardy policy too. ugh.

~LL~ said...

NO! You can NOT say no!!!