May 29, 2009

It Seems

that Gavin is a carrier. Which means that he is not the harmless victim to the strep throat war. He is the General of the attacking army. We saw the ENT Dr today and it is his recommendation that we extract Gavin's tonsils soon. They're huge, nasty beasts and they harbor the strep germs that probably got your kid sick. (sorry!) So he'll go in sometime after the 4th and have those babies removed. I foresee lots and lots of this in his near future ...



Poor kid. He always seems to draw the short straw.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Awh poor Gavin! Yea, get those icky suckers outta there and eat tons of ice cream!

T- said...

Poor guy! I hope the recovery is swift.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

You couldn't even arrange for the poor kid to miss some school?? Waah!

~LL~ said...

Oh...poor Gavin...poor you!

Heather said...

awwww poor gavin. BUT on a brighter note, it will make him better and he gets a lot of ice cream. I would be royally screwed, I am lactose intolerant AND I hate jello lmao. I am sure he will do wonderful and he will recover fast!!! They do an amazing job on the tonsils now, it's not as bad as it use to be!

xoxoxox

Laura said...

So it is Gavin who is to blame. LOL! I hope his recovery is quick and he is a good patient.

Mindy said...

I was a carrier too....however - I got strep thoat all the time.
Hope the surgery is done quickly. At his age, he will up and running around in no time.