I'm joining my friend Catey, from over at Random Thoughts from the Zoo in her Sweet Tooth Sunday. I've got a doozy for you!
You may or may not know that Archie was gone last week to a class in Atlanta and I was saddled with the responsibility of caring for the dudes and diva alone for a whole week. Being that it's the end of the school year, a lot of things are drawing to a close; boy scouts for one. We got an e-mail last week informing us that the last pack meeting of the year would include home-made desserts with a "boy scout" theme. What the heck?
A) I am NOT Betty Crocker nor Martha Stewart.
B) I am husbandless for a whole week; therefore a man down in the battle.
And C) Did I mention that I am not Betty J Mcfrackin Crocker?
A google search of all things desserty + boy scouty was a lost cause until I stumbled upon ...
What you'll need:
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
• 5 HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bars (1.55 oz. each)
• 3/4 cup HONEY MAID graham crackers, coarsely chopped
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 3 cups JET-PUFFED miniature marshmallows
What you'll do:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan.
2. Beat butter and sugar until well blended in large bowl. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
3. Stir together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
4. Press half of dough into prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes.
5. Meticulously clean the beaters.
6. Arrange unwrapped chocolate bars over baked layer, breaking as needed to fit.
7. Sprinkle with marshmallows; scatter bits of remaining dough over marshmallows, forming top layer. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or just until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan.
I'm hoping that other desperate moms can find the title of this post when they need a freaking "boy scout themed recipe." Good luck ladies!