Sep 16, 2009

I'm On a Roll

A group of my sewing friends and I participated in an exchange. You send off some cool fabric; they sew something for you and you get a cool gift. In the meantime, you get someone else's fabric and sew them something cool. This was my first attempt at making crayon rolls and I used this GREAT tutorial at Skip to My Lou.

I must have been absent the day that my Home Ec class covered ric rac because the seam ripper and I had to have a come-to-Jesus meeting with it, but in the end, I did it my way and it turned out OK.

I also sewed the lines for the crayons a bit differently. I made an up, over and down kind of pattern.



10 comments:

Kelli @ RTSM said...

What a fun exchange! Those crayon holders are SUPER cute too!!

The Stiffs said...

So cute. That would be great for church!

snarflemarfle said...

Those are awesome! Great job!!

JennyMac said...

How cute!

Ju said...

You're a genius my friend. Are you making money yet our of these ideas? You should.

~LL~ said...

FUN FUN!!! My Mam-ma made me something similar when I was a young'un. It was a crayong apron....around the "skirt" of the apron were the individual crayon pockets. I wonder where that is?

Mrs. C said...

That is VERY COOL!

Laurie said...

Oh how neat! What a great idea! Well done!!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

HOw cute is that! I love the idea!

amanda said...

the crayon holders are super cute!! i wish i was the least bit crafty. all i can do is scrapbook. i would love to be able to sew!