Sep 3, 2009

Odd Bird


Tucker is an odd bird. Even after 4 kids the things he does amaze me. I tell you this not to pick on him, but as a PSA for any families out there that may have an odd one among their flock.

You know that fella at the bank that's in charge of making sure every T is crossed and every I is dotted? Well, that's Tucker only roughly 40-some odd years younger.

Tucker's daily to-do list includes:

Turning off any light that is on.
Closing any cabinet or door that has been left open.
Making sure that washing machine and dryer are both safely in the laundry room.
Emptying the lint trap from the dryer.
Putting any trash or trash-like-item in the trash can (this includes spoons, cups, remote controls, etc).
Lifting my shirt at every opportunity to make sure my belly button is securely in place.
And lastly, turning on and off faucets at random throughout the house.

He takes great pride in his work and is a force to be reckoned with if you try to stop him from his tasks. He now throws (hilarious) fits and sounds like a little Japanese man swearing at me when I scold him. He is just an odd bird. But, I can respect that. He's his own little person and he's just cool like that.

9 comments:

Mindy said...

SO Funny! I love it!!!!

Shannon said...

LOL, he's found his mission in life and is making sure he does a good job at it. LOVE little Tuck!

T- said...

Sounds like he likes having a job to do!

Laura said...

I am laughing like crazy. Mostly because it really sounds like Tucker and Liam would get along like crazy.

Only Liam takes the recycling out of the boxes, in order to put it back in at random points through the day. LOL!

Love Tucker!!!

~LL~ said...

Funny! That is my #3.....school has seriously brought out his OCD tendencies.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Hilarious! I love the belly button one! He's going to be a character!

Ju said...

I think every family has a Tucker. At home, our Tucker is my hubby.
Bless all Tuckers.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Your little one sounds like quite a character! At 2 years old, my nephew is like that, too. His daddy is the exact same way! :)

Heather said...

LOL it amazes me how busy our little guys can be. Nice work Tuck!