Oct 1, 2009

Artsy Fartsy



Yeah ... I have no idea what that is either. Gavin brought that little ditty home from school this past week. Says it's his "art project." Archie promptly picked it up and broke part of it off ... shhh ... don't tell!

Anywho, I stumbled across this awesome BLOG written by a cool chick named Jenners and she does this little ditty called "Fun and Games" ...



This week we were challenged to re-write a poem by William Carlos Williams and I decided to write an Ode to Gavin's little artsy fartsy man.

This Is Just To Say

I have seen
the mounds
that were in
the art class

and which
you were probably
wondering who
created them

Forgive me
they were delicate
so broken
and secretly glued


Let me know and I'd be glad to come to your town for a poetry reading; only a nominal fee too.

10 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

As a teacher, we can not sometimes even tell you what they made! It is darn cute though! I like the ode too!

Marilyn (A Lot of Loves) said...

I like it. It's cute. Art need not be explained.

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

How cute!!!

and I love your little poem...I think I am going to have to go check out Jenners blog and try this one out too!!!

Lee said...

Is it the Holy Ghost???

The Stiffs said...

Very cute. Both the poem and the art.

Anonymous said...

Oh - I love your artsy poem! Very funny - and goes well with that little clay figure.

Heather said...

Cute!

Ju said...

I love your the "sculpture" and even more the poem.
You are a gem hahahaha

Jenners said...

I love it! I love the inspiration -- the "mound man" and the poem! Just think, the little mound man got his own tribute -- not all works of art get something like that!

Thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

Love your poem and the art is adorable...whatever it is.