Aug 31, 2010

LEGOS are from hell

I'm convinced.  I know that seems like a rash statement, but it's oh so true.  In our house, both of my big boys L-O-V-E Legos.  It started back when they came out with an Indiana Jones set.  Silas had to have it.  Santa brought it for Christmas that year and that sucker lasted all of 5 days before the pieces were scattered all over the place.  Never to be assembled in one playable piece again.  Then, #2 got in on the LEGO craze with a ginormous plane set.  But Santa was wise to the evil Lego manufacturers now.  She bought super glue to go with the jumbo jet made from over 300 minuscule pieces.  I mean, what kid really wants to take the thing apart to play with it?  NONE!  They want it all put together and to stay that way, not to have to search under beds to find the wing (a pretty big necessity for a plane!).  

The Lego elves that come in the middle of the night to disassemble several hours worth of work would be NO match to the glorious wonders of super glue.  NO MATCH!  But alas, even the trusty super glue only held up for a bold 12 days.  sigh  Why do these Lego people do this to us?  WHY?

Coming right in time for Christmas this year ... LEGO Harry Potter.  Why Lord?  I ask you why?

6 comments:

Shannon said...

LOL, I'm afraid to think of what's to come for me! Colin has a jumbo lego Thomas the Train set and we lost just 1 piece for a while and it about killed him to not be able to put that damn thing together. I'm dreading those little tiny pieces that will probably become a permanent clatter inside my vacuum cleaner.

McCryssy said...

Now I'm nervous. You have to find a solution before my boys discoer Lego goodness. Please! Save us all!!!

Cody said...

We too have a LEGO infestation only x100! I am often tempted to toss the miscellaneous pieces in the trash when my broom, vacuum or FOOT come in contact with them but they are just so darn expensive! Not to mention the ONE piece I do throw away will of course be the most important piece they own... I just can't win! But my boys do love their LEGOS and play for hours and hours with them, they love to build new creations with them and have contests with the creativity of their masterpieces.

Jenners said...

I hear you!!! Legos are expensive, seemingly mutliply, and don't hold together for longer than 5 minutes. But oh so fun to build...

JennyMac said...

Hilarious! We have jumbo legos too..and I tried to pack them up since they are basically ignored and suddenly, they are someone's favorite again. lol.

~LL~ said...

GIRL! I feel the same.... I do NOT heart legos