May 25, 2008

Losing Weight and Gaining Perspective


Since giving birth to Tucker a little over 3 months ago, I've lost 55.5 pounds. I've been overweight all of my life and while I never expect to be super skinny; I would love to be at a healthy weight. A big goal is to be able to buy clothes in a "normal" store; rather than a "big woman's" boutique. I realized quite some time ago that I would need to change my lifestyle a bit and that taking the weight off would not come overnight. The end result is a happy me and healthier eating for the whole family. It doesn't come without out a price though. Every time I put a fat free hot dog in front of the 8 year-old, I hear groans of how gross and vile this meal is. When I make something new, the 35 year-old questions how many ingredients are low-fat or light? And while it pains them to eat some of the new foods, I can feel the difference in the waistband of my jeans and it feels good. Oddly enough, the uber-picky 5 year-old loves most of the changes we've made in our diets and has even branched out a bit.

So while, I know it's an uphill battle for all of us, damn it sure feels good!

1 comment:

justdawn said...

You are an inspiration to me , Lisanne!

(and in case I haven't mentioned it, before...I am SO glad that you are giving this whole blogging thing another go!)