We did another bridal shower at church for a couple tying the knot on New Year's Eve.
The hot chocolate cupcakes were a hit. But the hour-long gift unwrapping was just too much for Amelia.
HOT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup milk
* 2 cups confectioners' sugar
* 1/4 cup solid vegetable shortening
* 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons milk or water
* 1 1/4 cups mini marshmallows
* 3 candy canes
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line indents of a standard-size 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. Cupcakes. In medium-size bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In large bowl, with mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar until smooth and creamy, 2 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla until fluffy, 1 minute. On low speed, beat in flour mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fill each cupcake liner two-thirds full (about 3 tablespoons of batter per liner).
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove cupcakes
from pan to wire rack; let cool.
5. Topping. In medium-size bowl, with mixer on low speed, beat confectioners sugar, shortening and milk or water until smooth. Spread over cupcakes, about 2 tablespoons for each. Top each cupcake with 8 or 9 mini
marshmallows. With a serrated knife, cut wrapped candy canes into 2-inch pieces. Unwrap and tuck a piece into each cupcake.