Jul 2, 2008

1 Year

It's been exactly one year to the day since we got the surprise of a lifetime...



I remember the 6am phone call quite well.

"Hello?"
"Hello!"
"Hey, what's up?"
"I'm pregnant."
"Oh, OK...that's good."
"What? Did you hear what I said?"
"Yeah, I heard you...that's great!"
"OK"
"I love you."
"I love you too."

After nearly 2 years of secondary infertility, 2 lost babies, fertility medicines, insulin regulating medicine and baby sticking medicines we FINALLY conceived Amelia. After 2 postpartum periods and always-faithful birth control we conceived the best surprise of a lifetime.

Isn't it funny how life works sometimes?

2 comments:

Archie said...

ahhhh, memories. I remember how excited I was once I regained control of the car.

justdawn said...

heh...Brian was at a school about five hours from home when I found our that we were expecting our "Little Surprise". I distinctly recall his words to his horribly distraught wife. "Are you mad at me???"