Aug 23, 2009

Thou Shalt Not Covet Your Mother-In-Law's Swiffer



I know. I know. One of the 10 commandments. One of the big no-nos is life and one of the biggest things I struggle with. Seeing something that I LOVE and feeling the need to have it and have it NOW! Yikes ... it's an ugly side (I know!)

When we were in MN this past summer, I fell in love with my Mother-In-Law's Swiffer. Weird thing to covet, but so be it. This thing rocked!! Automatic jet spray that swiffered up any particle or molecule of grit or grime around. Oh how I coveted that weapon of mass cleaning.

Unlike most coveted items, I actually got one. And let me tell ya ... we are some dirty people. I swiffer the floor and that cleaning pad is black. Every. Single. Day. YUCK!

So, in summary ... coveting/ bad. Swiffer/ good!

3 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Yep, the solution to coveting is to buy one of your own. HEY! That would work on those million-dollar house envies I get too, if I had some money. :]

Laurie said...

LOL! Glad you are happy with your Swiffer!

Suzanne said...

now you've got *me* coveting a swiffer - darn you!